- 84% ‘always’ used the flower food attached to bouquets, but 62% did not find it ‘easy’ to open the bouquet/remove the sachets.
- 98% had previously used liquid flower food and it was overwhelmingly preferred to powder (ie, 70% vs. 16%).
- 77% ‘liked’ the new closure when first shown and 85% felt that it was suitable for flowers to be sold this way in future.
- 84% felt that it would be both ‘easy’ to open the new closure and ‘useful’ for it to include printed information (eg, flower care).
- Overall, 74% preferred the new closure over the existing method (6%).
Alchemy Research – Tape closure Research- The Tape Factory – December 2016